Saturday, January 21, 2023

SILENT BUT ANGRY

Angry but silent,

Silent but angry

Was I dishonoured

Or was I proud?


I know my worth

I paid my dues

The issue on ground

What can I deduce?


Could I have done better,

What about them?

Angry but silent,

Silent but angry, 


But then, 

We talked about it.


©el-iyanu


Similar to "Pride and Pain." Still wonder if I did the right thing. Still think about it now. Was my last chance to participate in the general school games, but I didn't for various reasons. Somehow vindicated, but wondering if I could have just pushed through regardless. Like when you stay away, but nobody fights or pushes for you until it's all done. Besides, I'm not a kid, didn't enjoy feeling like an afterthought, or being a burden to someone for something I can't afford. It's a complicated story though, but I still wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...