Monday, January 30, 2023

I PUT AN END TO OUR RELATIONSHIP BUT IT ONLY GOT BETTER

I put an end to our relationship, but it only got better;
Because we now relate with each other on our terms.
The one I offended did not stay offended,
I'm glad he got to see myself.

Was going to apologize, but then I remembered
The reason behind my actions last December—
You can't keep losing to win people,
But it wasn't all plain and simple, I still had to deal with guilt.

But then I got his message and felt old resentments,
But then it quickly went away:
An opportunity to bury the hatchet,
I grabbed it with both hands!

Later, in person, I apologised,
Water under the bridge, under the bridge,
I put an end to our relationship,
But then it only got better!

©el-iyanu


This depicts the story of a testy relationship that got on my nerves for years. Last year, with some amount of disrespect, I carefully put an end to it. But then he reached out this year, I'm glad the dynamic had changed. Now, we both understand that I dance to my own tunes (by God's grace, and no one else's!) But more than anything, I'm glad he reached out, and presented me an opportunity to bury the hatchet.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful thing when a relationship is restored and mutual respect is birthed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sincerely. There's nothing more beautiful. Well said, thanks kindly.

      Delete

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...