Tuesday, August 23, 2022

GAVE SO MUCH I BEGAN TO HATE

Gave too much, I began to hate
Sense of worth did it inflate
But all my love did it deflate
Gave too much, I began to hate
Had a lot on my plate
I began to feel distate
Feeling like I poured my love
All down the rabbit hole
O, myself, you have to put it all on hold
Gave too much, I began to hate

It's them on the line,
I'll rather put it all on hold
When I wasn't there, how did it all unfold?
You have to notice that I changed a little
Wisdom is profitable more than a little
I gave so much I began to hate
But I have to say, it wasn't all in vain
There was a lot I gained
But eventually 
You get tired of the same old stories
It's also love when you let people grow
I gave too much, I began to hate

The closer they are, the more it's hard to take
It used to be all so exciting,
A smile on my face—
But I became a little wiser,
Yet did I become more selfish?
But I gave so much, I began to hate
Things to think, had a lot on my plate
Can't keep doing the same things over again,
But it's all love,
Over and over again...

©el-iyanu

4 comments:

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...