Skip to main content

I LIVE IN A COUNTRY

I live in a country where everything works,
Where nothing is broken and nobody talks.
I live in a country like Utopia,
For all men are equal in Zootopia.

I live in a country where crime is fought,
Where freedom with money cannot be bought,
Where criminals are placed behind bars,
And nobody treats them like movie stars.

I live in a country where the best are chosen,
And the rivers of snow are never frozen,
Where education is the prime factor,
And teachers do not have to form factions.

I live in a country with limited resources,
Where everything is harnessed by ticking boxes,
Where everything is managed through efficiency,
And nothing is lost through deficiency.

I live in a country where we mine our own products,
Where we export the finest, and not crude products,
Where talent moves not because of drain,
But everyone comes to make a name.

I live in a country where everything works,
Where everything is perfect, and nothing sucks,
A country like Utopia,
For all men are equal in Zootopia.


Tokede Opeyemi,
6th April, 2022.

Comments

  1. Zootopia... Where everything works and all men are equal🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SICKLE CELL: CHANGING PERCEPTIONS WITH ABIKE

Hello and welcome again to Haven Inc, hope you find it a place to stay. It's the month of September, a special month chosen to create worldwide awareness for Sickle Cell. Today's interview is with a Sickle Cell Warrior, Celebrity and friend.  Good day to you,  Ms Kawther. Welcome to Haven Inc. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak with you. It is a great privilege. Can we get to know you? My name is Oladehinde Kawthar Olamide. A 300-Level student of the Department of Human Kinetics, Sports and Health Education, Lagos State University. Thanks for taking out time to be with us. It's Sickle Cell Awareness Month, and we would like this time it to better understand what this means. What is sickle cell? Thank you. Sickle cell is a group of hereditary blood disorders that affect the red blood cells of a person living with the sickle cell disease. Thank you. Can I ask what it's like to live with Sickle Cell? How does it affect you as a person, an...

THE SONG OF TES

 Dear woman with a beautiful soul What is it that ails you so? I've searched for you in far places Are you passing through some difficult stages? She said: It's a long story I hardly can tell But the road is long, said I, please do tell Last time I saw you, I could tell There was something wrong, so pray tell And she uttered to me a parable You see, I went hunting with a friend To better our chances, we hunted the same Indeed, we were fair hunters of game. But things took a turn for the worse I thought we were friends, whatever that was She left the hunt and turned on me Left the hunt and turned on me Took the gun and turned on me Used as bait, she turned on me I became the hunted, it dawned on me.. My heart was full, it nearly burst! My soul was grieved, it nearly burst! Overflowing with pain, I nearly burst! So I stayed away from Mount Zion Finding solace in a dark room God sees my heart, he knows I'm mad I'll stay away, my heart is bad. And I stayed away for two whol...

HAVEN'T FOUND THE ANSWER YET

I searched the four corners of the wind I listened hard, I heard the birds sing I saw them take to flight and fly free I saw power in their wholesome wings  I went deep down the ocean depths  The primordial power of the earth I felt  Was ever so majestic the deeper I went Words fail to capture the essence  I climbed the mountains of the highest peaks Caught the sunrise on the tallest trees Saw so much beauty that I couldn't breathe Saw greatness that made my heart to freeze  In high spirits, but my energy spent  Still seeking answers, but I couldn't make a dent I searched the secrets of the seven seas I was put to bed by the gentle breeze  It doesn't matter if I spend my last cent   These answers are worth more per every cent  Yet on my strength I can't depend  To the grace of God, I must defer For in the fire, I found no answer In the earthquake, I heard no response  In the thunder, there was no reply  But in the g...