Wednesday, March 16, 2022

WHAT I TELL MYSELF

Had to tell myself I try my best

Never push to try to come first

I think I have issues with authority

I do my thing with great audacity

And I try with integrity


I know I can do better

Dressing fine doesn't make one responsible

But some people think you're more responsible

And your money more edible


I get these looks sometimes that get me

Sometimes it bothers me

Seems like they were talking about me

 But their words get around me


I try not to pay attention

To how I feel: sensation

There's this shirt with a high collar

I found it in my drawer

It used to me my brother's

Or my other brother's

Or perhaps, my father's


It's sky blue in colour

Fits well like a nice comment

But the sleeves are short, don't comment

Have to fold it

Don't think anyone knows it

Even if they do, it's me

Check me out, I own it.


I invaded someone's privacy

I'm feeling defiled

I said I wanted to know

The person they don't show

But I should have known—


Secrets are deep

And they lure one deeper

I almost went below

I should have known better

I should have done better


Now I'm fighting with myself

A battle within myself

Not really feeling myself

I'm at war with myself

A feeling I don't like myself


These things I think I've gone beyond

But strangely I'm at peace

Waiting this storm to pass

That some things I just pass

Always and everyday

My God to please...


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...