Tuesday, March 1, 2022

BULLETPROOF

Shore-Nice: 
What do I have to offer?
Remind me my purpose once more.
The moment I served my purpose,
After trusting me to keep you safe 
You counted on me for protection 
But now I've lost my value 
And you aren't there to remind me
of my past days of glory..

Those moments when your words 
of encourgement meant a lot—
You might see it as Falling Glory,
But to me those are moments I confide into 
when I'm weak to keep me strong and moving;
I found you wanting when I needed you most 
I still carry those bullet holes for your sake,
Where I took the bullets in your place.

Kante:
Easy come, easy go
I fell so hard and yet you go
What I felt for you, you know
Eating deep my heart and soul

But I was a tool and not a man
An umbrella for when you stand
A parachute for you to land
But you left me in the sand
You keep messing with my glands

I looked forward to the day
When I'd hold you in my hands
But I saw you in another man's arms
And I had no words to say

I took the bullets that were meant for you
Like a surgeon I removed them too
I did all these for you
Because I knew how it felt too

You took my wings and so you fly
Because I encouraged you to try
Here I am asking why
You threw me off like a broken sword
Why drop me off like an empty gun?

I still carry the bullet holes for you
I'm the talk of the town, the clown
But you're the icing on the cake in gowns
You see me these days and frown
You're the biggest thing in town

You threw me off like an empty song
I can't help but sing outward
Asking the sun questions it can't find
Why did you leave me. Why?

Bella Fuego:
I still carry the scars from the bullets
Still have memories of our love, and how we started
Now, I manage to heal from the reject
Only thing I feel in my heart is regret
And everything seems so very hard to forget

Lol,
Knew my worth but still fell hard for you
Got drunk on the love I had for you
Felt like I was on the top of the world
At a time, I worshipped you like you were God

Broke my heart and still played the victim card
Treated me like a dumb lad
Now I'm here and I'm fucking sad
That's what I get for loving too hard

And for the times I loved and you played me
I wish I had seen through the lies you told me
All I can do is weep and drown in my sorrow
And hope for a happier me tomorrow

Still asking the sun questions it can't find
Why did you leave me, Why!

Shalom-Paul Onadipe x Yussuf Ramah x Tokede Opeyemi
February, 2022.

Paul sent me the first draft of this piece, I found it irresistible and jumped on it. Then I sent the work to Ramah for a woman's touch, and as ever, she came through. Can't appreciate you guys enough for what you do. Thanks for sending Paul, thanks for joining Ramah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...