Wednesday, March 16, 2022

BEAUTY OR BARRICADE II

 [27/01, 7:20 PM] tokedeeliyanu.blogspot: Every day of my life, I question myself

Sometimes the answer is clear

Something there's nothing there

To not be proud I fear

But of myself I think well


Some think I have no right

To think as I should

To act as I should

But often I'm grateful

For the choices I make

I seem to miss out

On a lot of things

Sometimes I kick myself

But my price is to be free

[28/01, 11:46 PM] tokedeeliyanu.blogspot: They say I'm difficult

Like I'm in a cult

Take my case to the court

Let the law run its course


Beauty or barricade

Take me down the drain

Put me behind bars

Watch my mind explore


No one else can take the fall

It's boring,

I search for higher bars

Leave you begging, 

To God implore.

 

Last year was happy

It was beautiful and it was sad

One of the best

Was also among the worst.


I lose my temper now and then

I also see the beauty there

Mutter beneath my breath,

Sometimes, you don't know it's there.


Two men with all the qualities

Their mind is the difference

One sees beyond the bars

The other, in tears, just draws the lines

But their mind is at work


Same outlook, two perspectives

But their mind at work

One a frame,

The other a painting

But their mind at work


Beauty or barricade,

There's one in our pain

Leaves you hanging,

Game on like arcade

Like a glitch in the system

Finding beauty or nursing hurts?


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...