Saturday, October 30, 2021

CASTLE OF MY THOUGHTS

Put my life on hold to chase the dream

Only to find out I didn't make the team

But you'll hear about me,

On their lips like dollar bills.


At times like these I miss my brother,

Without a word, we share emotions.


You should understand

There are things I can't stand

They said it's too late for me,

But God is always there for me.


Put it all on hold 

Cos I want to strike gold

But it's like I'm getting old


Don't mind being of use

But I mind being used

I really

do mind being used.


I'm going to a place

Time cannot replace


Leave it all on the pitch, I'm a beast

Take it outside, I'm a monster

Only want me when you need me

I'm exclusive, you should always read me


Don't choke me with your love

Don't care for you that much

The tightest now feel like strangers

Like I let go, a lone ranger


Found hatred in what I love

A puzzle I'm trying to solve

I stayed away

Don't come my way


The rich thrive

The poor survive

They become strong

Necessary, creative


Somehow became a mirror

So I could see myself


Gave you all, 

Held nothing back

Now it's time for me

Don't let me cheat myself.


Heart breaks in a million pieces

Busy picking up the fragments


Biggest failure

Greatest success

Sometimes I'm too hasty

But a kind word is ever tasty

 

I'm like an iroko

Put them on the hot seat

Like a million-dollar quiz.


You won my heart,

I really can't shout.

To leave my way free of bother

To live a life filled with wonder..


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...