Saturday, October 30, 2021

WHEN I SPOKE TO THE RIVERSIDE

When I spoke to the riverside

I told him my fears

If the river was an ocean,

I would have shed some tears

Insecurities running through my head 

Like a car changing all its gears


Dangerous to be concerned, my Lord said

What men think of you, I heard

But I couldn't help but think

What they said about me

These were people who mattered—

This was someone who mattered

If I've fallen on my face like a buffoon

And my intentions been miscontrued


But when I spoke to the riverside

I told him my fears

Don't really be concerned, he said, my dear

What people think of you is not the truth

Maybe they matter, and you're just a youth

But you be yourself, you do your thing

They might come around and see your deal

And respect you for all you do


When I spoke to the riverman, 

He told me, my fears

Do not really matter, my dear

And I've known before

Because the Word told me

And in a new light I came to see

That good things we know, we should do

That we may become the light we seek


I've known these a long time ago

Looking deep into the face of the River

He spoke to me a long time ago

But cold with my fears, I did shiver

But when I spoke to the riverside

He told me — my fears 

Don't really matter, my friend...


Just go out there and do your thing

Close your eyes and believe, don't blink

Into your heart, let it sink

What people think about you, don't think

And you'll see yourself achieving wonders

Your light going out to all and yonder


Believe in yourself and ponder

God's gift to you, abundant

And His strength of will in accordance

 For all you do, my brother

Your holes of doubt, do squander

And believe in God, my sister..



With Omidina Ismail Adeyemi

2 comments:

  1. This amazing, more inks comrade 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear comrade. Your words meant a lot to me at that time. Thanks for your encouragement then and now, even always.

      Delete

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...