Monday, August 2, 2021

The Ministry of Paul the Apostle and How Difficult it was for me to Accept

An idea well expressed is like a design of gold set in silver.

               —Proverbs 25:11


The ministry of Paul the Apostle is perhaps among the most talked about in history, and perhaps one of the most opposed. For as he said himself, his apostleship was like a child of strange birth, but that never stopped the move of God in his life.


For me personally, it took a while to warm to his teaching. A long while actually, for I never wanted to believe a word he said, because I didn't trust him to be a true servant of God. If you check the internet now, you'd see those who consider him an agent of darkness, and I must confess that at some point in my life, I seriously considered him so, even with Apostle Peter's endorsement on him and his teaching.


Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be with you to teach you. You will see your teacher with your own eyes.

              —Isaiah 30:20


These times in my life I speak of were a turbulent time I would rather not dwell upon, but give thanks to God for what I am today. I ran from pillar to post in the Scriptures, yet at that time seemed to find no peace. It is a terrible thing to have no peace.


Around that time, I also found out that people could be wrongly inspired even while reading the Bible. But indeed I give thanks for everything.


For the matter of Paul the Apostle, after some time of studiously avoiding his epistles while studying, it got to a point I had to read through, can't really remember what caused me to, I think perhaps, our Bible reading in my church society. 


Around that time as well, I was also fortunate enough to be reading the books of Moses in my personal study, and it all came together like butter and bread, backed right on with the synoptic Gospels of Christ. He explained the Law and Prophets in light of Christ, and it seemed as if for me a veil was also lifted, so much that I had to confess that this was a man of God. Indeed, a truly genuine man of God.


And yet I still affirm the same today, and unequivocally so, Paul the Apostle was a servant of Christ. And Christ's servant is a servant of God. Sometimes in life, when we ask for faith, we get doubts to face. May God bless his word in our hearts through Christ our Lord. Amen.


It's why I referenced the first quotation, for indeed he expressed most excellently the message of God in Christ Jesus. Amen. 


el-iyanu 2021


Synoptic Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...