Tuesday, July 20, 2021

IT IS A TERRIBLE THING TO NOT KNOW HOW GREAT YOU ARE

 Hello, and welcome to Haven Incorporated. This is the very first post minted in our press, and hopefully the continuation of something great. We hope you find value in this space and find it a place to stay.


It's indeed a terrible thing to not know how great one is. Usually, we hear warnings to desist from pride and cease from arrogance, that pride goes before an unpleasant fall and humility comes before honour. But having a healthy sense of self and worth is not as emphasised. And I dare say, it's better to be proud than falsely humble!


Just tonight, I saw a man who didn't know how great he was, and it pierced my heart to see him so. Maybe he knew, but only humbled himself for the moment, but I didn't think it necessary for him to have done so. But it's terrible to not know how great you are!


It occurred to me that culture and tradition, perhaps, makes us stagnant and backwards in the face of progress. It is true that we learn great virtue and core values from our traditions, but it seems to me to have done more harm than good to our collective sense of worth. But truth and integrity is something that stands the test of time.We


In essence, it is good to be humble, but it is just as well to keep a modest opinion of self. This is the message of truth, even from God: to be humble, but keep a healthy sense of self; to not be proud, and to not be falsely humble. May God give us the grace to know how great we are! For it is a terrible thing indeed to not know how great you are!


My name is Tokede Opeyemi Iyanuoluwa— a Christian, Writer, Athlete and music lover— and I'm your resident blogger for Haven Incorporated. Welcome once again to our page, and I hope you find a place to stay.. Do have a pleasant time ahead. Thank you.


9 comments:

  1. You just done a nice job my brother...keep building I and my team @Ebukatv promise you full support so long you didn't repent form your positive pursuit 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you brother.. this your repent comment fear me small oh (lol).. but thanks a lot, and I really appreciate your help in starting this work.

      Delete
  2. 🤗🤗🤗 Ain't no stopping us noooow, I've gat the groove. Thank you kindly pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Bro Frank. Really appreciate your presence 😇😇

      Delete
  4. It is indeed a terrible thing to not know how great you are. Well said mountain man. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly. Really appreciate your words 😇😇

      Delete

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...