Friday, July 30, 2021

AYOMIKUN (THE SONG OF JOY)

Lord, I'm down to my last kobo
I'm hungry; don't want to borrow
Lord, I'm sad but don't want to sorrow
Someone promised me some help tomorrow
But I don't want no man to be my hero
You're my helper, Lord, be my hero
I'm near the end, I'm at ground zero

The crowds are gone, I'm alone with self
My frown tells a story by itself
My strength is gone, I'm by myself
But where no man is, God is there himself

I had a Simon help share my cross
He shared my plight and walked with me
But God answered from the highest heavens
All I needed He did provide
In Him alone I do confide



This is my story, this is my song
What God provides, who can refuse?
This is my story, this is my song!
For what God provides, who can refuse?

My heart was drained and down to last penny
But the miracles of God, they last plenty
I'm no saint deserving all attention
But God is great, He always pays attention
O, God is good, he pays attention!

Sometimes, being friends seems a bit shallow
Bonds between people just a bit hollow
But praise to God, exalted, hallow
He showed me the price of ten sparrows
And showed I was worth more than a million stars
For he heard me from the highest heavens
And made my day a silent heaven..



With Abraham Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...