Saturday, October 28, 2023

NUMBERS AND POWER

They said if you believe as one
Then the game is as good as won
I took this with me and wondered
Seeking, I became a wanderer

They said one head is inferior to a good two
I thought about this too 
I made my brain a toolbox 
I, myself working together

Have you seen power in the count of three? 
How at the end the athletes go free? 
As if their lives are on the line to retrieve 
Alas, the taste of freedom

Three is power, perfection is a square of four 
Those not against, with us they're for
May we be on guard that we may not fumble 
And be regretfully trapped in our own bubble

Four is perfection, five is a star 
How cocky we were as youngsters 
A dark night is best when it's starry 
A shooting star will leave you starstruck 
(But life is not always one big party) 

Five is a star, six is a circle 
Things you find important, encircle 
There's nothing in life as being too careful 
After the sixth, they say you find heaven 

The day of rest was called Seven
Set apart by God to serve Him 
The years of a strong man is seventy 
The say the number seven is heavenly

Seven is complete; eight is twice perfection 
A circle that touches itself and starts anew 
You marvel at the beauty and stroke up your chin
See as life is constantly being renewed..

Iyanu, 28/10/23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...