Saturday, July 15, 2023

I AM AN EVENT, I'M NOT A THING (Y. Rahma, Iyanu T)

I am the bird that touched the sky 
It was a wonder, I had a good time 
I am the whale that swum the ocean depths 
It was a wonder, I had a good time

I am the phoenix that never dies
The seed of God that comes alive
I go quiet when I'm in pain
Holding it together like I'm insane 

So quiet, but boiling with rage
It's never nice to feel disgraced
Why take the way of scorn
When love is what can truly change? 

I still feel numb from all the pain
And lol, I can’t “drink it all away”
All these voices screaming at me 
Then I go silent ‘cause “I’m not enough”

And there in the dark corners of my mind,
Wallowing in self pity and sadness
All I need is to remember how it is to “finesse”
But I find pleasure in being controlled 

Then again,
I am the fire releasing heat and light 
I just have to “start a fight” and make them wonder
(Start a fight and make them wonder) 

The good voices are freed, they take over
And they all say, one by one:
I am an event, not a thing—
I am an event, not a thing...


Y. Rahma (Bella Fuego) and Iyanu (Yanu Wright) 
July 15th, 2023.

So, we teamed up again to write something special. The Fire Girl and the Ice Man. Thanks for reading. Cheers. 

4 comments:

  1. This is interesting 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely and inspirational I must say , good job guys 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it (blush). Thank you so muchhh!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...