Tuesday, May 31, 2022

TIRED

I'm tired and fed up of a lot of things,
Like jobs we took those years and worked for free;
I'm tired of being called for errands,
Being asked for rent, I'm not your tenant!

Sometimes, I feel like I'm on a short fuse,
I really detest the feeling of being used,
Tired at night, I go to bed,
But still wake in the morning feeling spent!

I'm really tired of a lot of things,
This past year has been like lit!
Like a fire beneath my feet,
But life like growth, is bittersweet!

Some days haven't been pleasant,
But I'm not complaining, I'm just tired;
I can't give up now, I just have to try harder, 
And rest smarter.

                   (Painting by Angel Ganev)
© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...