Friday, March 4, 2022

WHY?

BULLETPROOF (VERSE 2)

Vashti:
Why?
Our time together was a part to play
Us being apart didn't start today
Being with you was the price I paid
And you helped me to stand again

I was low, but all the while I watched
Saw you fall, even with how I was
I won't deny, my heart was touched
But I had to leave 'cause I felt rushed
I didn't want some stories that touch

I'm sorry for how I left you,
Saw you bear the ridicule too
But coming back for me is too soon
Perhaps it's time for me to help you

But I won't sit around and watch a cartoon
Pick up your life, don't be a buffoon
A woman left you, that's simple
But I love your smile, that dimple

I don't want no bulletproof, I need a human
Someone to hold, someone to make me smile
Not someone who thinks I'm greater than
Who doesn't only worship the ground I walk
But can bring me down to earth

You fell for me at my lowest ebb
And you were for me, my greatest help
But, now, it's time for you to stand
Show me the depth of all you've got

I'm at the top, now, can you climb?
Or do you only live for broken toys?
You were everything I needed and more
But now it's time to give your all
If it was class, 
Or all you had was form..

© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...