Skip to main content

THE LITTLE FAN

Blood on my hands, but it's only mine,

Scratching the tissue while the blood flows out:

The scars disappear before morning comes,

No, for my sake, you won't catch me mourning storms!


Job done, tissue discarded,

What was the issue we all regarded?

Won't catch me acting all retarded;

Break up the group, you're all disbanded.


I hope you aren't acting clever?

Before you wound yourself forever.

All that I am, I gave my blood,

I went through a really difficult curve,

So don't play me for the fool I'm not,

Before you wound yourself for nought.


Pain is my only companion,

Sleep is a distant friend;

Don't know what to do,

Just want it to end.


Moving out like tidal wave,

Just want it to end.

Asking myself the question,

Who did I offend?

For this pain,

I can't compare.


Sometimes I ask myself,

why I'm the way I am,

Then someone does something,

And I remember why

I chose to be this way

'Times I'm quickly angry

I don't like being offended

Especially when people feel

Like they have the right to..


Don't overwhelm me,

Cause you think I'm young,

I have a right to

Live as I see fit.

But the world don't stop

Cause I'm in a bad mood.


The world seems better already,

Hugging my little nephew.

We're similar somehow,

Ruthless with our time,

Independent and stubborn,

Isn't the world our oyster?


Watching my little niece,

You can't stay mad for long,

Hands delicate like fine china,

She refusing sleep's advances:

A little fan blowing in her face,


© el-iyanu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAVEN'T FOUND THE ANSWER YET

I searched the four corners of the wind I listened hard, I heard the birds sing I saw them take to flight and fly free I saw power in their wholesome wings  I went deep down the ocean depths  The primordial power of the earth I felt  Was ever so majestic the deeper I went Words fail to capture the essence  I climbed the mountains of the highest peaks Caught the sunrise on the tallest trees Saw so much beauty that I couldn't breathe Saw greatness that made my heart to freeze  In high spirits, but my energy spent  Still seeking answers, but I couldn't make a dent I searched the secrets of the seven seas I was put to bed by the gentle breeze  It doesn't matter if I spend my last cent   These answers are worth more per every cent  Yet on my strength I can't depend  To the grace of God, I must defer For in the fire, I found no answer In the earthquake, I heard no response  In the thunder, there was no reply  But in the g...

SICKLE CELL: CHANGING PERCEPTIONS WITH ABIKE

Hello and welcome again to Haven Inc, hope you find it a place to stay. It's the month of September, a special month chosen to create worldwide awareness for Sickle Cell. Today's interview is with a Sickle Cell Warrior, Celebrity and friend.  Good day to you,  Ms Kawther. Welcome to Haven Inc. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak with you. It is a great privilege. Can we get to know you? My name is Oladehinde Kawthar Olamide. A 300-Level student of the Department of Human Kinetics, Sports and Health Education, Lagos State University. Thanks for taking out time to be with us. It's Sickle Cell Awareness Month, and we would like this time it to better understand what this means. What is sickle cell? Thank you. Sickle cell is a group of hereditary blood disorders that affect the red blood cells of a person living with the sickle cell disease. Thank you. Can I ask what it's like to live with Sickle Cell? How does it affect you as a person, an...

SIR K SAYS A FEW

Happy birthday big man. Like the sun, moon and stars, you'll always shine, irrespective of time. Like water, your relevance will increase daily. Like oxygen, your presence will always indicate sign of life. You are my blood indeed. Cheers to your year of beautiful testimonies🥂