Wednesday, March 16, 2022

THE LITTLE FAN

Blood on my hands, but it's only mine,

Scratching the tissue while the blood flows out:

The scars disappear before morning comes,

No, for my sake, you won't catch me mourning storms!


Job done, tissue discarded,

What was the issue we all regarded?

Won't catch me acting all retarded;

Break up the group, you're all disbanded.


I hope you aren't acting clever?

Before you wound yourself forever.

All that I am, I gave my blood,

I went through a really difficult curve,

So don't play me for the fool I'm not,

Before you wound yourself for nought.


Pain is my only companion,

Sleep is a distant friend;

Don't know what to do,

Just want it to end.


Moving out like tidal wave,

Just want it to end.

Asking myself the question,

Who did I offend?

For this pain,

I can't compare.


Sometimes I ask myself,

why I'm the way I am,

Then someone does something,

And I remember why

I chose to be this way

'Times I'm quickly angry

I don't like being offended

Especially when people feel

Like they have the right to..


Don't overwhelm me,

Cause you think I'm young,

I have a right to

Live as I see fit.

But the world don't stop

Cause I'm in a bad mood.


The world seems better already,

Hugging my little nephew.

We're similar somehow,

Ruthless with our time,

Independent and stubborn,

Isn't the world our oyster?


Watching my little niece,

You can't stay mad for long,

Hands delicate like fine china,

She refusing sleep's advances:

A little fan blowing in her face,


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...