Tuesday, March 1, 2022

SCARS FROM WITHIN

By Shalom-Paul Onadipe 


I feel my heart slitting into parts 
these diverse emotional scars
not knowing where my heart lies,
I feel like a lost art!

not knowing who I want to 
express my love to anymore
I feel like a total stranger 
when it comes to love 
somedays I'm an expert 
other days I'm just a big bag of flaws.

I'm probably lying to myself 
about being genuinely loved
because love is not accidental
love is dynamic 
it comes and goes,
leaving stories which becomes memories,
memories which may turn to scars..

we are all slaves to love at one point
we try to please one and others
greedy and insatiable as we are
we all try to give a little extra when it comes to love 
a strange feeling which has come to stay within us
of happiness complimenting pain and sorrow.

what is love without the pain and hurt?
too much love but no one to give it to
do we ever give enough?

© Shore-Nice,
February, 2022.


In this piece, the author asks crucial questions all through, none so much than at the end: do we ever give enough? Indeed, do we ever love enough?

Thank you, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...