Wednesday, March 16, 2022

PALMS UP TO THE TOP

Palms up to the top
Bowing heads to my last minute
All the pains I've done seen it
Killers saying they don't mean it
Palms up to the last minute
Raise my voice to the last digits
Ain't too big to pray
Even to my last day

Coming late and leaving early
I do my things quite fairly
Don't like to wake early
You'll see me on telly
Take my bread without jelly
Crack the shell, fry some eggies
In record time I fill my belly
With a smile I hail the girlies
All smiles, I hail the girlies

Been in a mood since last week
Was told to make a few tweaks
Wish I could call in sick
But I don't like being sick
But it makes me seek
If I'm right or wrong

Can take criticism on board
I felt like I was on course
I can't give up now, of course
But I'm counting the days over
Wish it could end sooner
Sort of a late bloomer
Maybe that's why I wake later
Few things get me up early
Football and sports at its very core
And with principled people to discuss

I'm counting the days over
My sister was kind
Try not to take it to heart
I make my choices 
And live my decisions
It's one thing that gives me great peace
That I have the power to
Live my future as envisioned

Not to say I'm right all the time
But I try to stay in character
Don't scratch the surface and think you know
Ask questions that you don't know
There's more to me that meets the eye
I'll just take a moment to say hi

I leave things sometimes half done
Sometimes because I can
I feel more satisfied now
Recommendations helped me improve
Finished in time, yea, I'm all done..

© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...