Saturday, March 19, 2022

MY HOPE NEVER DIES

Each man kills what he loves 
But my hope will never die

Sometimes, I wonder
If our parents raised us too well
Having to be nice when things don't sit well
Making room when I've had enough
Even for people clamouring for more

I give thanks to God for my parents
Everyday of my life
Keep the faith, keep the distance
Friendly at arm's length, for instance
Flow together like brothers and sisters
And sometimes, keep distance like strangers

God is alive, he's the source of my life
When things are tough, my God is enough
When things make no sense, I won't despair
My God is alive, he's the source of my life
I'll keep alive when bad times arrive
My God is good, He keeps my hope alive.

© el-iyanu
4/11/21

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...