Saturday, March 5, 2022

DON'T CALL ME

(Don't Want To See You)

Don't call me, I don't want to see you
Yesterday you called, but I let it drop
Nine times you called, nine times I ignored
Was at a meeting, I was taking minutes

But I was glad to be occupied
Cause never-mind, 
I didn't want to talk to you
You always take, you hardly give.

I knew for a fact that you wanted me
Again to help you with something—
Didn't have to know what,
That's just how you roll,
And life is like fishroll.

But I have my own things to solve
And my own life to live
I wasn't born for you to live,
I'm a grown man, I'm not a child.

Don't mistake my silence cause I'm not wild
I opened a gate, you shoved it wide
I learned my lessons like a flash card.

There's a fear that perhaps I'm proud
That what goes around may come around
That perhaps, I block my blessings
But with you, I learned hard lessons.

You said you don't like being a bother
Well, you are.
It's time to put that into practice,
Don't plan your life around mine
Makes me feel like I wasted time.

Can remember 
All the times I came through for you
All what I passed— through all my troubles,
You came out smelling like bubbles
While I was buried under the rubble.

It's painful you don't keep your word,
You make me cry out, O Lord!

You criticize those you're better than
But that makes you worse.
You criticize those worse than you
But you're not really better than.

But I can't deny the good times,
Despite the broken promises,
I know for a fact you love me,
But I'm not bound to you.

So I'll remember the good times
And cherish them.
What I took from you,
And cherish them.

But for now, please don't call me;
Things are hectic and difficult,
And I don't want to see you.

You make me stay away,
Whenever I'm there,
You remind me why I stay away
Always an errand for me today
Something to do tomorrow
I keep silent in sorrow.

Let me live, let me breathe
You can be difficult to swallow
Don't consider me callow
I'm a grown man, I'm not a child.

It's not goodbye, but stay away,
I'll still come around again
But for now, please understand
Like I want to hide underground
It's not goodbye, but I'll stay away...


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...