Wednesday, March 16, 2022

COUNTING DOWN THE HOURS

Counting down the hours before I leave

Done working, placed it on a freeze

My time will come, this I believe

In God do I find relief.


I wonder how the world works sometimes

Perhaps if I wasn't so proud I'll be ahead some more

But I value respect a lot

And honour means a lot to me too


I took responsibility for when I was wrong

I could even write it in a song

But I wonder how the world works for real

How people rarely fight for truth


They say we're friends but no one cares

Actually some do

But when it gets real, some begin to forget

No one fights for you like you


But why should I fight when my talent speaks?

If that's not enough, what else will?

Want me to beg and coddle up to the goons?

I'll lose interest, it's gone too soon


It's hard for me to please myself

Be wanting things like this

Then I get it and find some holes in it

But what is real, I recognise


Yea, what is real, I recognise

And it's only real if it's mutual

Some play games and win the battle

But in the long run they lose the war


In a class behind the kids

Music blasting in my ears

God take away all my fears

Hoping for all the future brings


I did my best and stayed away

Some people don't care like they say

But God is there

He's always true.


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...