Tuesday, March 1, 2022

BEAUTY OR BARRICADE?

Iyanu:
Beauty or barricade?
It's all in the mind.
All the negativity
Think on it,
An epiphany—

All the hurts,
Just a frame
To hold your pain
And make known
Your own name.

Beauty or barricade?
It's all in the mind;
A prison cell
Or a painter's dream?


Kola:
Beauty and the beast called barricade:
Looking out through my soul's window.
At first I couldn't see beyond the barricade.

Like a beam it filled my vision,
Despair came visiting
Like the unwanted guest it is,
It messed up my psyche,
Then... 

I looked beyond the barricade,
To the greenery of the scenery,
The beauty of freedom,
I said to myself:
It's all in my mind.

"Mind over matter,"
"Mind over matter." 
The mantra running through my head,
The beauty or the barricade...


Tokede Kola x Iyanu,
30th January, 2022.

4 comments:

  1. Hits differently🥶
    Excellent piece... If I may say so myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... No use being pretentious.. Indeed, it does. Thank you, brother.

      Delete
  2. It's all in the mind's eye. What do you see? You may see Barricade, but I see beauty. Beautiful piecyby the TOKEDES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly @Tobitevas. Your comment means the world. Thank you.

      Delete

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...