Skip to main content

THE NAME OF JESUS

Jesus, a Name to call
Delivering us before we fall
I felt the evil hands crushing me
Blocking my escape, choking me
To take me with violence against my will

But the name of Jesus did I call
Right at the end I didn't fall
I felt God's power pierce the clouds
The saving grace of God's plan
The name of Jesus did I call

The name of Jesus did I call
I felt the enemy lose his hold
Indeed God's power made me bold
The name of Jesus did I call
The name of Jesus did I call

Amen

© el-iyanu


Sometimes in life, we go through certain situations we can't fight through, but at the end of the day, God comes through. When pressed down by enemy hands, the name of Jesus does save. Not by how loud we call, but simply because we believe, and so we see the trouble melt away. Why? Because of the special grace of the Name of Jesus. I'm a testimony, I'm a living witness, just this midnight..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SICKLE CELL: CHANGING PERCEPTIONS WITH ABIKE

Hello and welcome again to Haven Inc, hope you find it a place to stay. It's the month of September, a special month chosen to create worldwide awareness for Sickle Cell. Today's interview is with a Sickle Cell Warrior, Celebrity and friend.  Good day to you,  Ms Kawther. Welcome to Haven Inc. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak with you. It is a great privilege. Can we get to know you? My name is Oladehinde Kawthar Olamide. A 300-Level student of the Department of Human Kinetics, Sports and Health Education, Lagos State University. Thanks for taking out time to be with us. It's Sickle Cell Awareness Month, and we would like this time it to better understand what this means. What is sickle cell? Thank you. Sickle cell is a group of hereditary blood disorders that affect the red blood cells of a person living with the sickle cell disease. Thank you. Can I ask what it's like to live with Sickle Cell? How does it affect you as a person, an...

HAVEN'T FOUND THE ANSWER YET

I searched the four corners of the wind I listened hard, I heard the birds sing I saw them take to flight and fly free I saw power in their wholesome wings  I went deep down the ocean depths  The primordial power of the earth I felt  Was ever so majestic the deeper I went Words fail to capture the essence  I climbed the mountains of the highest peaks Caught the sunrise on the tallest trees Saw so much beauty that I couldn't breathe Saw greatness that made my heart to freeze  In high spirits, but my energy spent  Still seeking answers, but I couldn't make a dent I searched the secrets of the seven seas I was put to bed by the gentle breeze  It doesn't matter if I spend my last cent   These answers are worth more per every cent  Yet on my strength I can't depend  To the grace of God, I must defer For in the fire, I found no answer In the earthquake, I heard no response  In the thunder, there was no reply  But in the g...

A PLACE

We all need a place, where we can be less perfect  Bottle our insecurities, and let it out in private Dine with our doubts and pick bones with faith It can be a person, it can be a place  It can be something we'll never do again. It could be healing, it could be coping  It could be something to help you keep moving  Life is a lesson, and people are blankets  Life is transient, and memories are strength Life is transient, and memories are strength. Like a plastic bag I kept some messy things  On the outside, it was fine But inside was less pleasant  Messy, not dirty, but serving a purpose  To keep my environment clean And help arrange my thoughts as I cleaned: Resented the baggage, but it grew on me And I came to realize its usefulness  We all need a place we can be less perfect  To figure out our weaknesses or find our strengths—   It's okay if we're lonely along the way  Or weak by ourselves when we can't find help Life is a l...