Tuesday, January 18, 2022

HOW SHE BECAME

Saw you the other night and couldn't recognise

Till you said hello and called out hi

It's true, your manners haven't failed 

And I hear how hard you work

But perhaps the world may have failed you

But I still call out for you to hear me

Why it happened this way, I still ask how


Sometimes, I wonder who to blame

The home, or the church values gone lame

Cause things are not the same

Who chose what we became?


You've come into your own like a ripe flower

You see the changes how they look at you

You feel the power you hold over men

You're happy how you lord over them

You expose yourself and look at the floor

There you go acting all demure

You're strong like freshly baked flour


You revel in the love they shower on you

But we can't be beautiful forever in the flesh

It's our virtue that lives forever after


You're the queen that men adore

They're all busy knocking on your door

Each one professing candor

Don't become too open a door


You skulk and hide like a dog's behind

But this life can no one rewind

You're in your element where no one can see

You're the talk of the town behind your back

Your friends talk about your escapades

I've disliked people because of you


You're bold and you flaunt your power

But who am I not to love you?

I dislike everything I've come to see,

But who am I to not love you?

Has there been anyone who really told you?

Has there been one to really show you?


Time goes and this I can't exhaust

But you should know I'm rooting for you

That you find wisdom quite early

And you all come to act fairly

You were failed by what came before

Of this I'm well informed...


I wish I could speak directly to your soul

Consider this a wholesome bowl

You've grown quite fairly, my lady

But beauty can fade quite early..


But who can I blame?

Our passions are like flames

Like rings they come to claim

Only in God are we the same


And virtue will stand you in good stead

Sometimes, I wonder if we could have done more

Considering all that came before

What will the future become?



el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...