Skip to main content

I'LL SHINE

 Seems like I've been underrated all my life

I wonder the kind of man I'll be if I had a wife

I wonder if I miss out on many blessings

Cause I rather avoid the pearls of many lessons

Like I'm way above what you teach


I know it, even if it's not within my reach

Does my nature deceive you?

Think I'm Lake Placid behind my eyes?

There's a fire raging in my heart—

It's in my mind, the power of Living Water!


Perhaps I tend towards things softer

Doesn't mean I'll take whatever's on offer

I'm gentle because I've seen rougher

And God's my shield, my very buffer


But life's a lesson, everything's an usher

To let us into high places like a butler

Don't look down on me, partner

But incase you do, I shined my shoe

My shirt may not be starched (yet!)

But just incase you do, I shined my shoe..


And if you do, you'll look at you

And I'll look at you, looking at you

My head up high, I'll touch the sky

Flying high, like a star, I'll shine.


I'll shine.

But maybe again I do

Like I over-do sometimes

Overthink things

I apologize

But like I said, I'll shine..


© el-iyanu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SICKLE CELL: CHANGING PERCEPTIONS WITH ABIKE

Hello and welcome again to Haven Inc, hope you find it a place to stay. It's the month of September, a special month chosen to create worldwide awareness for Sickle Cell. Today's interview is with a Sickle Cell Warrior, Celebrity and friend.  Good day to you,  Ms Kawther. Welcome to Haven Inc. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak with you. It is a great privilege. Can we get to know you? My name is Oladehinde Kawthar Olamide. A 300-Level student of the Department of Human Kinetics, Sports and Health Education, Lagos State University. Thanks for taking out time to be with us. It's Sickle Cell Awareness Month, and we would like this time it to better understand what this means. What is sickle cell? Thank you. Sickle cell is a group of hereditary blood disorders that affect the red blood cells of a person living with the sickle cell disease. Thank you. Can I ask what it's like to live with Sickle Cell? How does it affect you as a person, an...

A PLACE

We all need a place, where we can be less perfect  Bottle our insecurities, and let it out in private Dine with our doubts and pick bones with faith It can be a person, it can be a place  It can be something we'll never do again. It could be healing, it could be coping  It could be something to help you keep moving  Life is a lesson, and people are blankets  Life is transient, and memories are strength Life is transient, and memories are strength. Like a plastic bag I kept some messy things  On the outside, it was fine But inside was less pleasant  Messy, not dirty, but serving a purpose  To keep my environment clean And help arrange my thoughts as I cleaned: Resented the baggage, but it grew on me And I came to realize its usefulness  We all need a place we can be less perfect  To figure out our weaknesses or find our strengths—   It's okay if we're lonely along the way  Or weak by ourselves when we can't find help Life is a l...

THE SONG OF TES

 Dear woman with a beautiful soul What is it that ails you so? I've searched for you in far places Are you passing through some difficult stages? She said: It's a long story I hardly can tell But the road is long, said I, please do tell Last time I saw you, I could tell There was something wrong, so pray tell And she uttered to me a parable You see, I went hunting with a friend To better our chances, we hunted the same Indeed, we were fair hunters of game. But things took a turn for the worse I thought we were friends, whatever that was She left the hunt and turned on me Left the hunt and turned on me Took the gun and turned on me Used as bait, she turned on me I became the hunted, it dawned on me.. My heart was full, it nearly burst! My soul was grieved, it nearly burst! Overflowing with pain, I nearly burst! So I stayed away from Mount Zion Finding solace in a dark room God sees my heart, he knows I'm mad I'll stay away, my heart is bad. And I stayed away for two whol...