Sunday, November 28, 2021

I'LL SHINE

 Seems like I've been underrated all my life

I wonder the kind of man I'll be if I had a wife

I wonder if I miss out on many blessings

Cause I rather avoid the pearls of many lessons

Like I'm way above what you teach


I know it, even if it's not within my reach

Does my nature deceive you?

Think I'm Lake Placid behind my eyes?

There's a fire raging in my heart—

It's in my mind, the power of Living Water!


Perhaps I tend towards things softer

Doesn't mean I'll take whatever's on offer

I'm gentle because I've seen rougher

And God's my shield, my very buffer


But life's a lesson, everything's an usher

To let us into high places like a butler

Don't look down on me, partner

But incase you do, I shined my shoe

My shirt may not be starched (yet!)

But just incase you do, I shined my shoe..


And if you do, you'll look at you

And I'll look at you, looking at you

My head up high, I'll touch the sky

Flying high, like a star, I'll shine.


I'll shine.

But maybe again I do

Like I over-do sometimes

Overthink things

I apologize

But like I said, I'll shine..


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...