Saturday, October 30, 2021

THE BIRD AND THE LOVE CAGE

I'm a bird and what I do is fly

Not in a cage, but rather fly so high

I know you care, but something's between you and I


I'm not a bird that hunts the shallow seas

I'm the eagle that fights the fearsome storms

I'm in the rank of God's own sons!


Believe in me too

As much as you believe those you look up to

I may be young but I'm not senseless

I keep things from you for you hold me back

Not in spite, but like you care too much

And it's true, I'd rather not have such


Feeling like a bird in a golden cage

You should believe in me too


At times, it's a drain speaking to you

No lies, I tell you the truth

I'd rather be like Ruth

But like a flute,

I fear I'm being played the fool

And it's like you don't believe my truth


I'm the wing that belongs to the open skies

Not some thought to be caged by fears

Hounded by doubts, falling to insecurities

It's like you do me disservice


I'm down for you and that's the truth

But for now, just let me be

Free to feel and free to be,

Free to feel and free to be. Me.


© el-iyanu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...