Thursday, July 22, 2021

WHY THE LEECH IS HARDLY RICH

Once upon a time, there lived a leech:

He was clever but he wasn't wise,

He pulled a fast one, but he wasn't wise. 


He stole from me though he had my purse,

He asked from me though he had much more

But this is the life of a leech, never enough!


It becomes a habit, lo, he adopts addiction

He thinks he's poor though he's doing fine

Always gathering, yet never getting rich

Thinks himself clever, but no, he's unwise.

For the leech is only useful for one thing:

Taking out bad blood!


I was brooding when he came my way

Stressing about what happened that day

Feeling sorry for myself that day...


But I was strengthened by that encounter

Embracing the challenge his thieving caused me

Acting the fool as I had in front of him

Without a word I left his face:

Tomorrow's greetings would be from a distance.


He was a leech that caused me pain

Or was he an angel sent from above?

I've met a few leeches in my day

And I've always come out in better shape

Wiser, stronger, everyday!


For they made me realise the things worth doing

And to embrace the day as long as I'm living..

2 comments:

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...