Wednesday, July 5, 2023

THE PAIN THAT MAKES A MAN

(The Joy That Sets Him Free) 

I was looking out the door at the children,
Feeling the chaos of their joy,
Remembering how happy we used to be.

I was always a happy child
There was never time to be sad 
Becoming a young adult was painful 
Seeing life from a different dimension 

I'm growing up to be a man
But I'm always grateful for my past 
The pain sharpened me to be better
To appreciate life on different terms 

So I look back now, and I'm grateful 
For the joy that had no boundaries 
And the pain that kept me bound.

The pain that kept me bound, 
The pain that set me free. 
The joy that had no bounds, 
Joy that kept me bound, 
Joy that set me free...

Iyanu
5th July, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...