Sunday, November 28, 2021

THE BOY WHO TOLD A PROVERB

When I was young, I went visiting a friend

We stayed together and played a while:

Mother in the room and siblings around.


Chatting together and playing console,

I guess I must have stayed a while.


He went in and came back out,

Not long after, he told me a parable.


About friends who don't overstay their welcome,

And how much he loves them so.


Dear friend, I got the message, 

Who doesn't like being loved?


Not long after, 

I said my greetings and took my leave.


This is the story of the boy who said a proverb;

Why do I say this now, you wonder?


I must have offended another without a proverb—

My actions, sometimes, I don't understand.


But I always hope to keep things plain.

Dear friend, I'm sorry if I drove you off.

Sometimes, I act a little rough..


© el-iyanu

2 comments:

LOVE IS A WALKING STICK

The old man trusts his body   to a piece of metal or wood Not as his god or anything  But as a prop to hold him up The injured man does the ...